Due to the COVID-19 outbreak and considering the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and our Federal and State government, All Pets Center is enacting the following protocols:
- We are asking clients to avoid scheduling appointments for routine pet care for adult animals for the time being. This includes annual exams, grooming, nail trims, anal gland expression, technician appointments, and vaccinations. Please talk to a staff member on the phone or via email if you have any questions about whether or not your pet should be seen.
- We will continue to vaccinate puppies and kittens. Please contact our front staff when you arrive. We may ask you to remain in your car and allow us to bring your pet inside for the exam and vaccinations. We can do the check-in and check-out over the phone. Doing so will reduce person to person contact.
- For animals that are injured or sick and need to be seen, please contact the front staff when you arrive. We will decide whether or not to allow clients in the building. In cases where the doctor decides it would be best for the client to be present, remain in your car until we are ready for the exam and we will put you straight into an exam room. This will help eliminate time spent in our client waiting area. While in the exam room, we ask that you remain seated and not help restrain your pet. This will help us maintain appropriate social distancing. After the exam, we will complete the check-out in the exam room. We will then ask you to head straight to your car and avoid spending time in the waiting area.
- We will continue to schedule surgeries at this time. We encourage clients to consider delaying routine surgeries (neuters, spays, and routine dental cleanings, benign growths not causing any problems.) At the doctor’s discretion, clients may be asked to remain outside the clinic in their car during surgery check-ins and check-outs.
- We will not be doing any house calls for the time being. We also will not be doing any services in a client’s car in our parking lot. At the doctor’s discretion, we may arrange to perform an exam or other service outside of client’s cars in our parking lot.
- We will continue to provide prescription refills and pet food. We ask that clients remain in their car upon arrival at the clinic, call our front staff to arrange payment, and we will bring the prescription or food to your car.
We believe these temporary protocols will help reduce potential exposure of the COVID-19 to our clients and our staff. We hope that by taking these steps we will be able to remain open to help animals needing medical assistance. We will do everything possible to make these inconvenient protocols are smooth as possible and ask for your patience. As the outbreak situation in our community changes, we may have to adjust these protocols. These protocols will commence 3/20/2020. We will keep all currently scheduled appointments. Please contact All Pets Center if you have any questions. We wish you good health and peace of mind during this outbreak.
The Doctors and staff at All Pets Center